1st International Conference on Innovation in Higher Education in Dynamic Asia (1st IHEDA): INTERNATIONALIZATION OF HIGHER EDUCATION IN DYNAMIC ASIA
1st International Conference on Innovation in Higher Education in Dynamic Asia (1st IHEDA)
Theme: Internationalization of Higher Education in Dynamic Asia
Hanoi, 2nd – 3rd December 2022
CALL FOR PAPERS
In the recent decades, we have witnessed a growing trend of internationalization of higher education (IoHE) across the world. In Asia, in particular, the IoHE is in line with the growing dynamic of the socio-economy of the region. IoHE in Asia might be observed from different levels (i.e., regional, national, local and institutional) and different aspects (i.e., curriculum, teaching and learning, student and/or faculty mobilities, research, ranking). IoHE, indeed, has stemmed from various motivations from different actors, including policy makers, institutional leaders, academics and practitioners, students, parents, industry partners and communities. Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, IoHE in Asian countries was often regarded as less developed than their counterparts from the Western world. Nevertheless, the COVID-19 outbreak has opened opportunities for Asian countries and institutions to explore and introduce innovative internationalised and transnational programs, capitalizing on digital technologies, new models of international collaborations and changing demands for international education in Asia. In addition, IoHE has become more vulnerable to not only bi-lateral collaborations but also regional and global shifts in international relations and geopolitical tensions. Taking into account these contextual factors, we are delighted to welcome you to the “Internationalization of Higher Education in Dynamic Asia” (IoHE-DA) Conference. The conference is co-sponsored by Stars Scholar, a society for transnational academic researchers, and takes place both in-person and virtually. It provides a forum to discuss critical issues, new developments and emerging trends and models in IoHE in Asia.
DEAKIN University, Australia; Society of Transnational Academic Researchers; Hanoi Pedagogical University 2, Vietnam; and Vietnam Journal of Education, Vietnam.
Topics of discussion include, but not limited to
- Regional, national, and institutional policies, strategies and trends in IoHE in Asia
- Inbound and outbound student mobilities in Asia
- Internationalization of teaching, learning and curriculum of HE in Asia
- Transnational education programs and models in Asia
- Internationalization of research and transnational research collaboration in Asia
- Regional collaborations and identity in IoHE in Asia
- Impacts of changing geopolitics on IoHE in Asia
- Digitalization of international education in Asia
- IoHE in Asia and sustainable development
- IoHE in Asia during and post COVID-19
Guidelines for abstract and full paper submission
- All abstracts and full papers must be submitted in American English.
- An abstract of max. 200 words (incl. research aims, methods, findings and significance) and a short bio (max. 100 words) are required. Your abstract will undergo a double-blind peer review by the international scientific committee after its receipt.
- If your abstract is accepted, you will be invited to submit a full paper (see deadline below) which might be considered to be published in a Special Issue for Journal of International Students or Policy Futures in Education, subject to peer review.
- Full papers should address both theoretical issues and new research findings. Your paper should be compiled in the following order:
- Title page; abstract; keywords (4-6 keywords)
- Introduction to the research problem, research questions or research hypothesis
- Literature review
- Research methods
- Results and discussion
- References (APA 7th edition style)
- Font: Times New Roman, 12; Spacing: single (see attached Paper template)
- Word limit: 4000 to 7000 words
- Full papers will go through a double-blind reviewing process and are expected to meet the academic rigour and originality criteria set out by the journals. You may be required to submit the revised paper before the stated deadline.
- Full accepted papers will be selected for oral presentation.
- The manuscript should be submitted as an MS Word document in .docx format (not as a doc or PDF format).
- Abstracts and papers can be submitted online via the IHEDA website: https://vje.vn or emailed to the organizer at [email protected]
Accepted papers of the conference would be further reviewed and considered for publication in the Special Issue of the SCOPUS indexed journals such as: Policy Futures in Education (ISSN: 1478-2103, Q2, Scopus); and Journal of International Students (ISSN: 2162-3104, Q2, Scopus). The Special Issue for Journal of International Students will feature high quality papers on international student mobilities in Asia while the Special Issue for Policy Futures in Education will focus on internationalization of higher education in Asia.
Other accepted articles will be published in a special issue of the Vietnam Journal of Education (ISSN: 2588-1477, 2815-5572, https://vje.vn).
- Prof. Tran Thi Ly, Deakin University, Australia
- Prof. Nguyen Thi My Loc, VNU University of Education, Vietnam
- Prof. Fry, Gerald W., Minnesota University, United States
- Prof. Hayden, Martin, Southern Cross University, Australia
- Prof. Marek Tesar, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Prof. Huynh Van Son, Hochiminh City University of Education, Vietnam
- Prof. Tran, Trung, Vietnam Academy for Ethnic Minorities, Vietnam
- Prof. Bui, Hong T. M., Birmingham City University, United Kingdom
- Assoc. Prof. Nguyen-Hoang, Phuong, University of Iowa: Iowa City, IA, United States
- Dr. Tran Le Huu Nghia, Australian National University, Australia
- Dr. Pham Hung Hiep, Phu Xuan University, Vietnam
- Dr. Andy Nguyen, University of Oulu, Finland
Practical information and timeline
Venue Conference: Hall, Building A, Hanoi Pedagogical University 2, Vietnam. Address: 32, Nguyen Van Linh Street, Xuan Hoa Ward, Phuc Yen Town, Vinh Phuc, Vietnam.
- Abstract submission deadline: 30th October 2022
- Notification of abstract acceptance/rejection: 10th November 2022
- Full paper submission deadline: 30th November 2022
- Final decisions of selected full-paper for publication in the indexed proceeding: 15th December 2022
- Final decisions of selected full-paper for publication in the Scopus indexed journals: 30th January 2023
- Revised paper submission deadline: 28th February 2023
- Full conference registration fees due for all presenters: 15th November 2022
- Conference dates: 2nd - 3rd December 2022
* For full-text articles accepted at the Conference, the corresponding author will not have to pay a fee to attend the conference. Co-authors will be charged the ‘Conference Guest’ registration.
- For each guest, the fee covers the registration fee, proceeding, refreshments and 01 lunch. This fee is nonrefundable.
- For authors of a submitted full paper, the fee covers the registration fee, the proceeding, paper processing, refreshments and 01 lunch. Please note the fee is valid for the corresponding author. Co-authors will be charged the ‘Conference Guest’ registration.
- The fee is non-refundable if your paper is not selected for presentation or included in the conference proceeding.
- Authors of submitted paper need to register and pay the Conference fee on or before the “Final Registration” deadline. Please note that we cannot process your full paper if the conference fee is not paid.
- If your paper is accepted for publication in Scopus/ISI indexed journals, the author may pay another publication fee.
- Account number: 0021000378986 * Bank: Vietcombank * Branch: Hanoi
- Please indicate “Your full name, and Conference Guest or Full paperILITE20” on your money transfer.
- Additional bank service charges must be borne by participants.
- Please send us a scanned receipt and Registration form to [email protected] after payment. You can also make online registration and upload a copy of the receipt to the website.